Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bake! Coconut cakes


My next Bake! rewind recipe is one that Kayte, Phyl, and Margaret made shortly after they started baking through the book: individual coconut cakes.

I cut the recipe in half, and with my slightly-larger mini-muffin pan, I made nine cupcakes. My little girl helped me. First, she stirred together a bit of sugar, a tiny bit of flour, and some coconut (I used sweetened and cut the sugar a bit). Then she whisked egg whites, salt, lemon zest, and melted butter. Once combined, we filled the muffin pan, and she sprinkled a bit of coconut on the tops.

The kiddos didn't like them (I think it was a texture issue), but the hubby and I both thought they were tasty little treats!

1 comment:

  1. The guys were popping these like they were M&Ms so they did not last long here...I have egg whites, I should make some more of these soon. Yours look so cute all stacked up. They reminded me of those little candy bar type things we had as kids that came in a package like they were strawberry, chocolate, vanilla. I wonder if they still make that...it was all coconutty!

    ReplyDelete