Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bake! Spinach and bacon tart


My Twitter pals made this spinach and bacon tart before I received my own copy of Nick Malgieri's Bake! so it was on my catch-up list.

I made this last weekend for book club, and unfortunately the flu hit our house before I had a chance to blog about it, so I don't remember much...except two things: it was easy and it was delicious. I'm not sure of the difference (if there is one) between a tart and a quiche, but this was very quichey to me. The crust was easy to make and easy to roll. The filling included egg, bacon, spinach (I used frozen), cheese (I used gruyere), half-and-half, and seasonings.

My book club enjoyed it, and my dad (who is known for "honest feedback" about my cooking and baking and doesn't often give rave reviews) said it was "wonderful." Definitely a make-again!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I made the spinach & bacon quiche from Around My French Table, and it looked much like that. I love dishes like this that are more "stuff" than custard. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved this one, too. It was rich but not as rich as some, I surprised by the amount of eggs in this, I thought there would be more of them for some reason. Yours looks wonderful, no wonder everyone was smitten! And, btw, I am now officially caught up on reading the Abby blog. And, what a pleasure it all was, definitely a repeat!

    ReplyDelete