Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Popovers! (TWD: BwJ)



I was not all that excited for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe; I think I've only ever had popovers once, the one time I baked them before, and I wasn't that impressed.
But it couldn't be an easier recipe: toss flour, salt, melted butter, warm milk, and eggs into a blender (I was careful to be sure that my milk and eggs were both warm). Pour 1/4 cup into some buttered muffin cups (I did preheat my pan, given some comments on the P&Q). Bake. Eat. Seemed like it would be silly not to try the recipe.

And I really enjoyed them! We ate them warm and buttered, spread with the last of my strawberry-honey jam, with our eggs. Delish!

Check out the rest of the TWDers' experiences here, and check our hosts' pages for the recipe: Paula and Amy....or better yet, buy the book! :-)

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad to tried it even if you weren't too excited!
    That lonely popover on the colored dish looks cute!
    I enjoyed every minute standing in front of the oven watching them metamorphosing… It’s was funny!
    It’s a great and easy recipe.
    We all loved them!
    (I’ve made some sweet and some cheesy (Grana cheese) adding rosemary and spices).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice breakfast treat with your strawberry-honey jam and eggs - sounds delicious!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one surprisingly delicious recipe. I will make them again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't these fun? And the possibilities for add-ins are just endless...we could become popover Queens! The excitement factor alone in those rises is just plain fun. Each one a little different, each one a work of art! Yours look perfect with those eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your popovers look great! I don't know about popover Queens, but I'm game to try more recipes for these puffy, airy, delicious treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes this book does change how you think about certain recipes.
    Yours looks delicious! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how your popovers came out. Looks like a crown. These were good and sooooo easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We too enjoyed ours with eggs the next day, after polishing off all but two the night before! They are good! (I added cheese to the top before baking - mmm.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never make popovers before. Something new to me and it sounds interesting. I must try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look like the perfect vehicle for jam :-)

    ReplyDelete